For years the marketing experts have been telling us that YouTube is the future, but so many business owners have hesitated out of uncertainty. If you’ve been putting off starting your YouTube channel because you’re worried that you don’t have the right equipment or the skills to make watchable video content, here are a few facts that will help you overcome your excuses and get your channel up and thriving in 2023.
1. It’s a search engine as much as a video platform. YouTube is the second most used search engine in the world, as well as the second most visited website. People are there to find information, so as long as you’re able to provide the information they need, you already have the basis of a content strategy.
2. It’s not as complicated as you’re making it. You’ve probably conjured up all kinds of excuses about not having a professional camera, not knowing anything about video editing, or not having any public speaking experience. Forget about all that – it’s 2023 and you have a phone with a camera in your pocket, which is all you need. Many successful creators built their channels off of talking into their phones as if they were talking to a friend or a client, and you can do that, too.
3. You can reuse the content. Not only will your video content populate your YouTube channel, but you can embed the videos on your website, as well. In addition, you can take highlights from your videos and repurpose them for Facebook, Instagram, and even TikTok.
4. It’s a great way to establish expertise. You probably know a lot about your area of specialty, and sharing that knowledge is an excellent way to establish yourself as an industry expert. Videos with tutorials, answers to common questions, and clarifications of confusing terms or concepts are all good for building trust and showing people that you know what you’re talking about.
5. You will grow a community. Even more than other social networks, YouTube is the perfect platform to engage with followers in an authentic way. By giving your brand a face and a personality, you’re making your business more approachable, and that human factor is what will turn an audience of followers into loyal customers.
Getting started on YouTube isn’t hard, but sometimes it can be overwhelming if you’re trying to fit it into a larger digital marketing strategy. Contact us for a free consultation, and we’ll give you recommendations on how to improve your online presence to generate more leads and grow your business in 2023.
COGO Interactive is an award-winning digital marketing agency specializing in online marketing strategy, web design, SEO and social media marketing. We work with clients in Virginia, Maryland, Washington, DC and across the nation.